JOIN NJAWR FOR A LECTURE BY
Jacki Kashmer, Founder and Director of New Jersey Bat Sanctuary
Bat Rescue & Initial Care
Date: Sunday, November 10, 2019
Time: 1pm – 3pm
201 Mullica Hill Rd, Student Center (CSC)
Room 127 Glassboro, NJ 08028
NJAWR Member Cost: FREE
Non-member Cost: $15.00
Registration deadline is November 7, 2019
Topics discussed include:
1. Determine if a bat does indeed need to be rescued.
2. Is it injured, sick, adult, or orphaned?
3. How to handle a bat safely.
4. How to care for it temporarily until it can be transported to a licensed bat rehabilitator.
5. Type of housing crucial to protect delicate wings – and where it is housed in a facility.
6. To offer food or not – a bats ability to lower body temperature makes this a very tricky situation.
7. Rabies – signs and symptoms.
Registration with payment must be received by November 7, 2019.
Pre-registration is required. Late registrations will not be honored nor will walk-ins be accepted.